A 46 year wold woman died inside a Gurdwara Sahib in Springwood, Huddersfield, UK after getting into a fight with another woman.

A 48 year old woman was arrested by police for suspicion of manslaughter. The Gurdwara Sahib was sealed off by police after the incident which happened around 1pm.


The woman died inside the kitchen where the incident happened according to the West Yorkshire Serious Crimes unit which launched the investigation.

A local newspaper the examiner quoted the following:

A spokesman said: “Detectives in Huddersfield have arrested a man on suspicion of manslaughter following an incident inside the Sikh Temple, in Spring Wood.

“Officers were called to Prospect Street, Huddersfield at 1.11pm following reports of an altercation between two females age 70 years and 46 years.

“Following the incident, the 46-year-old female made off and was detained by a man inside the Temple.

“The 46-year-old female became unwell and was treated by paramedics. She was pronounced deceased a short time later.

“A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

“The 70-year-old female was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary with minor injuries.

“A scene remains in place at the location. Enquiries are ongoing to determine the circumstances of the incident and anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team via 101”.

After several police vehicles arrived on the scene, the entire Gurdwara Sahib was sealed off.

Eyewitnesses told the Examiner:

One said: “One of the women then went into the Temple and I was told she was restrained by one of the committee members in the kitchen area.

“It is so sad”.

Huddersfield magistrate Balbir Singh Uppal said: “I had been to the office across from the Temple and saw the ambulance arrive.

“The paramedics went to treat an elderly lady and I was told she had been assaulted by another woman, who had then gone into the Temple.

“I saw a number of people outside the Temple who I know and they said the women had gone inside and was sadly dead”.

Inderpal Rhandawa, an official of the Temple said: “People are very worried.

“They are not letting people either leave the Temple or go inside at the moment.

“The Temple is usually very busy on a Thursday as a lot of people will be there preparing food for the Friday prayers”.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.