1) Guru Ji Said to Keep long Hair; It’s one of the Five Articles of Faith
2) Kesh Forms identity for Sikhs
3) Natural Gift of God. Kesh indicates a Sikhs acceptance of God’s will.
4) “Hair of the head is a symbol of faith, intuition of truth, or the highest qualities of the mind.” G. A. Gaskell
5) Truth “Hair is prayer and kesh acts as a subtle spiritual antenna. One who keeps kesh intact, practices meditation and achieves humility comes to know the benefit of kesh which can never be realize if hair is severed,” (Khalsa, Sukhmandir)
6) Establishes a complete and natural person.
7) Sikh Sovereignty. Sikhs Don’t follow fashionbable Trends. Long Hair indicates freedom from socially deemed fasionable Trends.
8) Keeping kesh builds self-esteem, in another point of view. Keeping hair intact allows one to experience courage, conquer fear, and realize unconditional love, (Khalsa, Sukhmandir).
9) Builds Discpline, Personal discipline is central to Sikhi and some feel that keeping long hair, combing it every day and washing it, develops disciplines, (Singh, Gurdev).
10) Long Hair Provides Essential Vitamins to the Brain.
Above Reasons are derived From Blog Post by Lakhpreet Kaur on Kaur Thoughts.