Ten health benefits of adding Turmeric to your daily diet.
1) It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2) Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3) Prevents and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain. It stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
4) Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
5) May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
6) A Potent, Yet Safe Anti-Inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
7) Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
8) Is a natural liver detoxifier and a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
9) Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
10) May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.