The Sri Kartarpur Sahib corridor was inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi.
Here is the video when the corridor was officially opened:
- The Kartarpur corridor is open from dawn to dusk.
- Indian pilgrims of all faiths and persons of Indian origin can use the corridor.
- Each pilgrim may have to necessarily register himself online on the portal prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in and choose to travel on any day.
- A pilgrim must register for the Integrated Check Post to visit to Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
- The pilgrims’ travel will be visa free.
- Pilgrims need to carry a valid passport.
- Persons of Indian origin need to carry Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) card along with the passport of their country.
- The pilgrims travelling in the morning will have to return on the same day.
- The corridor will be operational throughout the year, except on notified days, to be informed in advance.
- The pilgrims will have a choice to visit as individuals or in groups, and also to travel on foot. India will send the list of pilgrims to Pakistan 10 days ahead of their travel date.
- The confirmation will be sent to pilgrims four days before the travel date and the Pakistan side has assured India on sufficient provision for langar and distribution of prasad.
- Pilgrims will be informed by SMS and email of the confirmation of registration three to four days in advance of the date of travel.
- An Electronic Travel Authorisation will also be generated. The pilgrims will need to carry the authorisation along with their passport when they arrive at the Passenger Terminal Building.
- Each visitor will have to pay the service fee of $20.