Sukhbir Badal Cancels World Kabaddi Cup After Worldwide Teams Boycott

Chandigarh:Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal today announced cancellation of the sixth edition of the World Kabaddi Cup scheduled to be held all over the State from November 14 to 28.

Announcing this here, the Deputy Chief Minister, who also holds the Sports portfolio, said he had taken the emergent decision to cancel the Kabaddi Cup as a mark of grief over the recent incidents of sacrilege of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

“Kabaddi symbolises the spirit of the Punjabis and their quest for excellence in rural sports. At a time when the entire Sikh community is shell shocked with grief at the ghastly manner in which Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji has been desecrated, holding such a tournament is not appropriate”.

Mr Badal said the feelings of the entire Punjabi community had been outraged after the sacrilege of ghastly incidents of sacrilege of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. “My feelings too have been outraged and my conscience is not allowing me to preside over a tournament at a time when the Sikh community in India and all over the world is in grief over the ghastly acts of sacrilege”.

Tags punjab

Share this post

error: Content is protected !!