(DSU News Bureau) 3 June 2015- Namdhari leader Thakur Dalip Singh and his followers arrived at Hassanpur, Punjab to visit Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa and to express his willingness to join Khalsa Panth. Bapu Ji was arrested by police and taken to the hospital for force feeding. Although, Thakur Dalip Singh couldn’t meet with Bapu Ji but he met with Sangarsh committee leaders and expressed unity for the cause.
It is important to point out that not all Sikh groups under the Akal Takht have come in support of Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa nor have they visited him.
Thakur Dalip Singh isn’t the head of the Namdhari community but an estimated 80% of Namdharis follow him.
The important points towards unity were the following:
1) Namdhari Leader Thakur Dalip Singh has told his followers to use the word Guru while saying Guru Granth Sahib Ji as before his followers pronounced Aad Sri Granth Sahib.
2) They have agreed to use the Fateh greeting as before it wasn’t always used.
3) Majhbhi Sikhs have been given equal rights as before they ate langar separately and were treated unequally, but now those Majhbhi Sikhs that are Naamdhari will be treated equally according to Thakur Dalip Singh.
4) Thakur Dalip Singh has pledged to support Khalsa Raj and a separate Khalsa State.
5) Thakur Dalip Singh has organized a program in the past where Panthic groups were present. In that program, the theme was for unity of various Sikh groups for a common cause. Also, in that program the Dohara ‘Agia Bhaei Akal Ki’ was read and names of only the ten Sikh Gurus were said which has never happened before among the Naamdharis.
Thakur Dalip Singh further pledged to join the Khalsa Panth and to follow it’s Rehats.
The historic meeting for unity is being recognized as a turning point to achieve long avoided goals of the Panth.