Sukhwinder Singh from Chandigarh has broken down the chaos at Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib very critically and accurately.
Via: Sukhwinder Singh
If the whole drama is running to following script then it is too distasteful and sinister.
1. Court passes a stringent judgement on encroachments in Chandni Chowk area and directs Delhi Govt. to act in timely manner.
2. Delhi Govt. must implement the court orders to remove encroachments by commercial establishments and places of religion. Who is the bigger encroacher; shop owners? religious places? hindu? sikh? muslim?
3. Surprisingly MDC is too excited to cooperate with Delhi Govt. and shoots notices to encroachers, DSGMC they say received it for sure.
4. Very strangely DSGMC decides to sit on the notice, maybe for 10 days!
5. MDC marches out on anti-encroachment drive on 6th April equipped with Earth Movers and labourers under protection of Delhi Police.
6. The first place they decide to attack is Chabeel at Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib. Why Sis Ganj Sahib first? Answer to this baffling question is hidden in this sequence only!!
7. Despite protests by small number of sangat, DSGMC wasn’t there then, MCD forcibly demolishes the Chabeel at Sis Ganj Sahib.
8. Protest builds up with Sikhs blocking the chowk in large numbers. DSGMC also shows it’s face and rebuilds the chabeel.
9. The demolishing party retracts from the scene without demolishing any other encroaching structure gasp emoticon
The next in sequence could be:
10. A symbolic demolishing is done to satisfy the court and a very sacred place, respected by all religions, is made the case in point.
11. MDC tells Delhi Govt. it can’t go ahead with demolition drive as it can lead to mob frenzy by followers of religious places encroaching Public land.
12. All encroachments are spared for an uncertain period of time. The commercial encroachers are very happy.
13. Next in sequence to unfold! not so soon!! This is India!!!
I tried to connect dots from news appearing in different forums, which can be true knowing how religious card is played in Indian politics.
Not 1 or 2 or 3 culprits in this sordid saga. Everyone stands exposed.
A look back at some history.
On 11-March-1783 Jathedar Baghel Singh defeated the Mughal emperor Shah Alam-2 who saved his life by hiding in ज़नानखाना (Women enclosure) in Lal Kila. Later he sent Begum Samru, ruler of Sardhana, as his emissary to Bhai Baghel Singh ji and a pact was signed to give back the throne to Shah Alam-2 under a treaty, one clause included establishing seven Gurdwaras in Delhi. (Picture attached is official decree of Shah Alam-2 transferring ownership of 63.28 acres of Raisina to Rakab Ganj sahib, earlier confiscated from Bhai Lakhi Shah Banjara)
Sis Ganj Sahib was established at the site of martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib where a mosque was erected and muslims of area objected against it’s demolition. The Emperor expressed his helplessness as official edict was already issued and he can’t take it back he persuaded the muslims to demolish the mosque wall towards Lal Kila and where Sis Ganj Sahib was established by Singhs.
Over next 233 years many Mughals, Britishers and Indians ruled in Delhi but no one ever dared to harm Sis Ganj Sahib. The mosque was later converted into Kotwali (Police Station) and eventually given to Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib.
Today’s incident of demolishing chabeel at Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib exhibits the mindset of people behind this heinous crime, they are worse than the Mughals, Britishers and even Indira Gandhi (kotwali was given to Sikhs during her rule).
What can be more worse a curse than being filthier than Mughals and Indira?